How to make sure the HID kit will work properly every time.
1. Turn the engine on first, before turning on the HID kit.
2. Do not turn the HID on and off frequently.
3. Do not install the HID ballasts near the engine nor anywhere the water can easily get onto.
4. Make sure the connectors of the HID kit is tightly secured to the stock harness.
Both HID bulbs keep flickering and making clicking noise.
1. Check to see if the HID bulbs have been connected to the ballasts correctly and tightly.
2. Check to see if the battery of the car is too old or almost empty as this can cause power distribution issues.
3. If your vehicles low beam has the daytime running lights feature please make sure to disable the feature before installing the HID kit.
HID bulb modules won't fit.
1. Double check to see if you purchased the appropriate bulb type for your vehicle. You can refer to our bulb guide link on our main page, or check your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the bulb size.
2. Some vehicles require an adaptor to hold the bulb in place that can be custom ordered from us (ex. BMW E46, E39, VW Golf). Please contact us for information.
HID turns on then both sides go out.
There is a possibility that the fuses are blown. Please check your fuses box according to your vehicle's user manual and upgrade the stock 15 Amp or 20 Amp headlight fuse to 30 Amp. The 30 Amp fuses are 100% safe for your vehicle and will not cause damage to your vehicle’s electrical system.
HID will only work when the high beam is turn on.
This particular situation commonly happens with the H4/9007/9004 HID conversion kits because it has three prong plug rather than just "+" and "-". Make sure you have plugged those three wires correctly to their positions. Usually the combination is Yellow, Black and Red. If the issue persists, please contact us for a diagram.
HID will shut down itself sometimes.
Inside the HID ballast, there is a micro chip which is used to detect whether there is any potential problems. Any potential problems such as sudden high impulse or shortage of power input from battery or extremely high heat will trigger the self-protect and shut the ballast off temporarily. It takes about 3 mins for the micro chip to reset itself and the ballast will be working again. Once this happens, please turn off the HID and wait about 3 to 5 mins.Inspection Procedure: Please check the car battery. Check all connections between the bulb & ballast. Check the vehicle battery terminal.
HID works when the engine is off, but if turning on the engine the HID will turn off itself.
For some newer model vehicles such as BMW, Mercedes and a few American models, they have onboard computers to restrict outsource components such as HID conversion kit or aftermarket MP3 Players. Therefore, the only way for such cars to install the HID kit is to install a canceller cable.
One or both light can't ignite initially. Bulb turns off after the vehicle just starts.
You must DISABLE Daytime Running Light or "Auto Switch-On" functions before the HID installation.
Only one light works, even though both lights are installed exactly the same.
1. The polarity (positive & negative) of one side might not match with the factory wiring harness.
2. Fuse might be blown on this side.
3. Malfunctioned parts.
Check all connections between the bulb and ballast. Check the bulb that does not work to make sure there are no loose wires. Check the fuses. Use at least 30A fuse if the stock 15A fuse blows. Switch the bulb to the working one/side to see if the problem remains. If the issue remains, the bulb may be defective. Switch the ballast to the working one/side to see if the problem remains. If the issue remains, the ballast may be defective. If the HID system works properly, your vehicle connections, battery, alternator, etc. may have problems.
The colors or lighting effects of the two bulbs are different.
1. The leveling of the headlight housings are not even, adjustment of the headlight housings is needed.
2. For new bulbs, there are chances that the colors are different for first couple hours of burning. The color will become normal once it’s been run for a short period of time.
Inspection Procedure: Inspect for damage in the light housing. Clean the lens of the light. Inspect the positioning of lights to ensure both are at the same angle to the road.
The HID bulbs changes color when first turn on.
This is totally normal. At the beginning, the ballasts are storing the power from the battery of the car. Since the power has not been stabilized yet, the bulbs might have different colors or even flicker a little bit. However, as soon as the power is stabilized by the ballast, the bulbs will become normal.
The HID works initially but starts to flicker sometimes.
There is a possibility that it might be caused by either damaged bulbs or ballast.
Inspection Procedure: Disconnect all the connectors immediately. Clean every connector with alcohol. Wait more than 5 minutes then reconnect or reinstall every connector. Then check all the connection between ballast and factory harness (Power Source); check all the connection between igniters and bulbs (yellow silicone connectors); check your upgraded fuse, they must be 20amp minimum. Remember, every connector have to be 100% well connected to each other.
All prices are in USD